Studio U has implemented new policies and procedures in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please know that these procedures are out of respect and responsibility to every one of our clients who trust us to be caring for their health—and the Studio U community as a whole.
We are currently open for in-person private sessions and equipment classes. Group mat classes will continue in a virtual format for the time being. We will slowly add in additional classes when we feel it is safe to do so. (And yes, virtual sessions are still an option for privates!)
This is an ever-changing situation and things may be adjusted or changed as we learn more from the CDC, Minnesota Department of Health guidance, and comfort level of our clients and staff. We thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Face Mask Policy:
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are still required at all times to enter both the building and Studio U at this time. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have a mask at the time of your session, we will supply you with a disposable one.
Studio Safety and Sanitation – How we’re making our space as safe as possible:
- All equipment is placed to allow for at least 6 feet between participants for all types of sessions.
- Equipment straps and handles have been covered in vinyl to more easily clean and disinfect and all the sheepskin covers have been removed.
- While our lobby area will be open to clients, lockers will not be available for use.
- The staff will be cleaning all the surfaces used after each session.
- The Studio U staff is fully vaccinated but will continue to mask for the duration of all sessions at this time. You may choose to share your vaccination status with your practitioner but will not be asked.
General Health Guidelines – The promise we all make to each other:
For all of our individual safety, the day prior and day of the appointment staff and clients have to meet the criteria below:
- No symptoms of illness (fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell)
- No recent close contact with anyone who has been ill
- If you have recently traveled by plane, please follow the latest testing and quarantine guidelines from the CDC
Day of Details – What is the new Studio U normal?
- Dress in the clothes you are going to wear for your session. The fitness center is locked and there is not an area for you to change in.
- Park in the guest parking located on the lobby level of the parking ramp.
- If possible, leave personal items locked in your car. There are two racks in the studio to hang your jackets and place your shoes on in the entry. There are bins in each of the workout spaces to safely store your small personal items. The lockers will be off limits for sanitation reasons.
- The lobby restrooms are the only restrooms available for use before, during or after your session. The fitness center is locked so there is no restroom available on Studio U’s floor.
- If you are late we will not be able to extend your session because of all we need to do to prepare for our next client. However, if we are the ones that are late we will make sure to give you your full 25 or 50 minutes.
- A mask is required and we will ask you to sanitize your hands as you enter the studio. Your instructor will also sanitize their hands at this time.
- On your first session back in the studio we will ask you to sign a consent form to work with us.
- If you need to contact your instructor, please text them directly: